At NoVu Wellness in Atlanta, we provide exceptional treatment for borderline personality disorder (BPD). If you or a loved one is struggling with BPD, our dedicated team of professionals is here to offer comprehensive and compassionate care. Our approach combines evidence-based and holistic therapies and medication management. At our borderline personality disorder treatment centers, we believe in empowering those with BPD through individualized treatment plans tailored to their unique needs.
What Is Borderline Personality Disorder?
BPD is a mental health condition characterized by pervasive instability in self-image, behavior, mood, and relationships. Individuals with BPD often experience intense emotional states that can rapidly shift from one extreme to another. According to the National Library of Medicine, this disorder affects approximately 1.6 percent of the general population and 20 percent of the inpatient population.
Signs and Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder
BPD signs and symptoms vary from one person to the next, but some common indicators include:
- Intense fear of rejection or abandonment: People with BPD often have a pervasive fear of being left alone, rejected, or abandoned by those close to them.
- Unstable relationships: They tend to experience intense and unstable relationships characterized by idealization, fear of abandonment, and devaluation. Their feelings towards others can shift rapidly and unpredictably.
- Identity disturbance: Individuals with BPD often struggle with a fragile sense of self. They may feel uncertain about their values, goals, career choices, sexual orientation, or even their overall identity.
- Impulsive behavior: BPD is frequently associated with impulsive actions such as excessive spending, reckless driving, unsafe sex, substance abuse, binge eating, or purging.
- Emotional instability: People with BPD generally experience extreme emotional volatility marked by frequent mood swings like irritability, anger, or anxiety.
- Intense and rapid mood changes: BPD can cause sudden shifts in mood, going from feeling extremely happy to deeply sad or angry within minutes or hours.
- A sense of emptiness: Individuals suffering from this disorder often report persistent feelings of emptiness and a lack of fulfillment in life.
- Self-harm behaviors and suicidal ideation: Many people with BPD engage in self-destructive behaviors such as self-harm or suicidal ideation.
- Dissociative symptoms: Some individuals with BPD may experience dissociation, where they feel disconnected from reality or themselves.
Seeking Borderline Personality Disorder Treatment for You or Your Loved One
If you or your loved one is seeking treatment for BPD, NoVu Wellness in Atlanta offers several options.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP):
This program provides intensive, structured therapy for individuals who require a higher level of care. It includes individual therapy, group therapy, medication management, and various evidence-based therapies tailored to BPD. PHP is also ideal for people transitioning from a residential program.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP):
IOP is suitable for those who need a more flexible treatment option while still receiving high-quality care. It involves individual and group therapy sessions focused on developing coping skills and managing emotions and relationships effectively.
Our borderline personality disorder treatment centers also offer a virtual IOP option that allows individuals to receive treatment from the comfort of their own homes. This can be particularly convenient for those with scheduling conflicts or limited access to in-person programs.
Tour Our BPD Treatment Programs
Is Outpatient Borderline Personality Disorder Treatment Right for Me?
Determining whether outpatient treatment for BPD is the right choice depends on several factors. It’s important to consult with one of our mental health professionals, who can assess your specific needs and make appropriate recommendations. Keeping that in mind, here are some considerations to remember when deciding on a treatment program:
- Severity of Symptoms: If your BPD symptoms are severe and significantly impacting your daily functioning, more intensive levels of care may be recommended initially, such as residential or PHP programs.
- Safety Concerns: If you have engaged in self-harming behaviors, have a history of suicide attempts, or struggle with significant impulsivity that puts your safety at risk, a higher level of care may be necessary.
- Support System: If you have a strong support system from family, friends, or other sources in managing BPD symptoms outside of treatment, an outpatient program could be appropriate.
- Motivation and Commitment: Outpatient programs work well when you are motivated and committed to actively engaging in therapy sessions and following your treatment plan.
- Co-occurring Disorders: If you have co-occurring substance use disorder and BPD, it is essential both disorders are treated simultaneously. A highly structured PHP treatment program could be a good starting point for treatment.
- Treatment History: If you have had issues following your treatment plan in an IOP or with outpatient services, starting at a higher level of care with a PHP can help ensure you are more successful in reaching your mental health treatment goals.
Why Choose NoVu Wellness?
BDP can significantly impact daily functioning and overall well-being. With proper treatment and support, individuals with BPD can learn effective coping strategies to improve their quality of life.
At NoVu Wellness, we have trained professionals experienced in treating BPD using evidence-based therapies such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
We provide comprehensive assessments and personalized treatment plans to meet each individual’s unique needs in a caring and supportive environment to promote healing and improved mental health. In addition to evidence-based therapy modalities, NoVu Wellness recognizes the importance of addressing overall well-being by incorporating holistic practices, such as meditation, neurofeedback, yoga, and nutritional guidance, into treatment plans to promote mind-body-soul balance and self-care.
Get Help at Borderline Personality Disorder Treatment Centers in Atlanta
Take the first step towards healing and recovery. Get the help you need for BPD at our Atlanta borderline personality disorder treatment centers. Our experienced and compassionate team is here to support you on your journey to better mental health. Contact us now to schedule a consultation and begin your personalized treatment plan at NoVu Wellness.